«Cutting edge improvements in the public procurement system in Moldova through inclusiveness, creativity and law-abiding practices», funded by the EU through the Civil Society Strengthening Program in the Monitoring of Budget Support. The project was implemented by the Institute for Development and Social Initiatives (IDIS) "Viitorul" a civil society organization and an independent research institute.
The purpose of the evaluation is to assess the results in order to inform the beneficiaries and donor about the relevance, effectiveness (achievement of the results), efficiency (ratio between results achieved and investment) and sustainability aspects according to the standard internationally accepted evaluation methodology.
The main objectives of the evaluation are:
• To ascertain results (output, outcome, impact) and assess the effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability of this development intervention;
• To provide findings, conclusions and recommendations with respect to the future projects.
4.Subject and focus (scope)
The evaluation will focus on objectives, activities and the results of the project that covered the period March 2017 - September 2019. Also the evaluator will looks to the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability of the project.
5. The main target groups to be taken into consideration would be:
• Ministry of Finance;
• Public Procurement Agency
• National Agency for Settlement of Complaints
• CSO representatives that have participated within the consolidation capacity activities and other public event
• Contracting authorities and economic operators that were involves within workshops, round tables and other public events.
For the evaluation process, it is required to apply five OECD/DAC evaluation criteria (relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability). In addition, the evaluator (s) will apply the criteria of participation and responsibility / ownership etc.
6. Evaluation approach and techniques
The estimated duration of the summative evaluation is 1 month.
The OECD Evaluation Quality Standards need to be applied.
On September 3, 2019 the evaluator (s) will be invited to participate at the final conference there IDIS will present the main results, achievements of the project and also will present 2 evaluation reports related to the Strategy for Development the Public procurement system for the period 20162020 through its Action Plan for the period 2016-2018, and Anti-corruption Sectorial Plan on public procurement sector for the period 2018-2020.
An introduction workshop will be organized during which will be discussed in details all products, activities developed during the project implementation period. We will also deliver all information and documents relevant to the evaluation.